With our current global situation, many people are feeling down, stressed, or having bouts of anxiety. But there is a way to uplift your mood. Imagine yourself in the middle of a garden, surrounded by fragrant blooms. Almost immediately, you may feel a sense of calm and relaxation as you inhale the scent of the flowers. This small example shows the transformative way that scent impacts our mood.
According to research, some essential oils interact with the brain and nervous system to positively impact on your health and mood. When they're concentrated into a diffuser and breathed in, they can easily stimulate the olfactory system in the brain helping to uplift or calm our mood, emotions, and feelings. The best and easiest way to use essential oil is using a diffuser, you can utilise the power of scent to create a soothing sanctuary at home.
Here are a list of my favourite scents I use in the salon to create the perfect mood and ambience.
· Lavender has been found across numerous studies to be an effective natural remedy for helping alleviate anxiety, depression, relieving stress, and improving sleep. With no known side effects, lavender is an easy and safe way to calm your mood. For best results, add a few drops in a diffuser near your bed or desk.
· Lemongrass essential oil has a light, fresh, citrus aroma that provides a rejuvenating and stimulating experience, boosting inspiration and improving mental clarity. With these great properties, it is ideally suited for tackling the dreaded mid-afternoon slump.
· Peppermint essential oil is my all-time favourite for its uplifting, invigorating properties. Peppermint provides a cooling effect due to its high menthol content. Use peppermint oil in a foot bath to soothe tired, aching feet, or in a diffuser to instantly soothe a headache. (please do not use if you have pets)
· Ylang ylang essential oil is derived from the sweetly aromatic tropical ylang ylang tree, and is a popular floral perfume ingredient, likely because of its ability to curb negative thoughts and stress. Use a few drops in a diffuser to improve mood and reduce feelings of irritability.
(please do not use if you have pets)
· Basil essential oil is a refreshing and uplifting scent that is known to revitalize energy levels and alleviate chronic fatigue, as it works to stimulate the adrenal glands. It is great mixed with peppermint essential oil in a diffuser to energize and uplift mood.
So if your mood needs a quick pick-me-up or a calming effect, try one or several of these essential oils for a natural solution. For advice on safe oils to use at please contact me...
(do not use tea tree oil if you have pets as it is toxic to pets. Devine Skin has a handful of unique diffusers and essential oils at our online shop… www.devineskin.co.uk/shop
Go on take a peek… and get your mood uplifted.